What is an Adaptation?
Adaptation is the process of producing constructive and functional permanent changes in the body of organisms for easy living and growth in a particular environment. It is not a part or condition of the body but a process. To distinguish permanent changes from adaptation as distinct from this process, they can be called adaptogenic traits.
Adaptation is the name of the process performed by organisms, in which all organisms strive to maintain their existence and to advance their lineage, that is, according to the environment, they qualify themselves. This whole process is called adaptation.
Under adaptation, organisms can change their reproductive capabilities. Along with this, the properties found from ancestors can also be changed and refined. As an example, we can understand, such as: –
- In desert areas, where there is an acute shortage of water, some species of plants form a fluid on the edges of their leaves to minimize water loss under transpiration.
- According to Allen’s law, in icy places, the ears of mammals are small in size, so that the heat of the body is not absorbed and the organism can adapt to the environment accordingly.
- Seal-like sea creature, which is found mostly in cold areas, has a thick lower layer of skin so that it is known.
- Adaptation in humans: – Humans living at very high altitudes need more oxygen because the atmospheric pressure is lower at altitude, so the human body automatically increases red blood cells and accelerates the rate of respiration, due to which The body’s lack of oxygen goes away, and there is no breathing.
Types of adaptation
Specific adaptation processes, Three are three types of adaptation:
- Biological Adaptation,
- Social Adaptation, and
- Ethnic Adaptation.
- Man’s biological adaptation This adaptation of man to environmental conditions. Its environment, which originated evolutionarily. The peculiarities of such adaptation are the modification of internal organs or organisms completely to the environmental conditions in which it appears. This concept formed the basis for the development of criteria for health and illness – in this respect, health is a condition in which the body is transformed in most environments. If the ability to adapt is reduced, and the period of adaptation is delayed, then it is a disease. If the body is unable to adapt, it is about being excluded.
- Social adaptation Social psychological adaptation involves the transformation of one or more people into a social environment that represents certain conditions that contribute to achieving life goals. This includes adaptation to study and work, to various relationships with other people, to cultural environments, to recreation, and recreation conditions. A person can change anything in his life or actively, conditions of life (it has been proved that This is a more successful route), can be deactivated. In this regard, many problems of adaptation can occur, from strained relationships with the team to a reluctance to learn or work in certain environments.
- Ethnic adaptation This is a subset of social adaptation, which involves the adaptation of individual racial groups to the environment of their resettlement areas, and it works with both social and weather conditions. This is perhaps the most awkward kind of adaptation that linguistic-cultural, Makes a difference in political, economic, and other areas. Allocate an adaptation associated with employment, for example when people from Kazakhstan come to work in Russia, and language and cultural adaptation, integration. The normal course of adaptation is often interrupted by racist or Nazi ideas of indigenous people and social discrimination.
- Psychological adaptation It is necessary to note separately that psychological adaptation is now the most important social norm, making it possible to evaluate individuals both in the field of relationships and in the field of professional solvency.
The psychological adaptation of the set depends on variable factors, including both character characteristics, and the social environment. Psychological adaptation also includes such important aspects as the ability to switch from one social role to another, and adequately and justly. Otherwise, we also have to talk about unpleasantness and problems in a person’s mental health.
Preparation for environmental change and adequate mental evaluation is an indicator of high levels of adaptation, portraying a person as capable of preparing for and overcoming difficulties. At the same time, the basis of adaptation is fine humility, the ability to accept and conclude a situation, as well as the ability to change your attitude toward a situation that cannot be changed.
What is an Adaptation? Types of adaptation, Best 5P